Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Insurance co,wont pay insurance claim because I was driving

Customer Question

Insurance co,wont pay insurance claim because I was driving someone elses car had full coverage so now I am being sude by the people whos car I hit there attorny have had my driving privliges and license supended , what can I DO
Expert:  Alexia Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your inquiry! I have been practicing law for 17+ years and have specific experience with issues similar to yours. That being said...

Can you clarify what you mean by "had full coverage". WHO had full coverage, you yourself, on your own vehicle?

------

Please note that I have not yet answered your question. That is because this is one of those times where additional information is necessary or prudent. I have requested this additional information from you in order that a most thorough and accurate answer may be provided and I look forward to your response. In the meantime, I will be researching any related issues as necessary for that thorough answer, to ensure that there are no recent legal changes that could effect my answer, as well as drafting portions of the answer for you. Thus, if you don't see my response right away, after you provide your reply, please don't be concerned. Once I respond, you should be getting an email notification (or other) so you can come back and receive that answer. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX look forward to assisting you.

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and and better pursuing the details you need.

Hi, I heard you had a computer crash and was having difficulty getting back here. I hope this reaches you! Please scroll up to see my question and answer it. Thanks! I look forward to assisting you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ihad full coverage which means I was insured for any car i was driving and the uninsured person.
Hi, thank you, and nice to see you again.

Insurance co, 1) Meaning, your OWN carrier...right?.

wont pay insurance claim because I was driving someone elses car

2) Was the accident your fault?

had full coverage You had liability insurance, which would be what is relevant here, when driving your own car or possibly another legally driven car (i.e. one that is insured also).

so now I am being sude by the people whos car I hit

3) And your own carrier will not provide a defense?

4) What about the car you were driving? The carrier that covered THAT car for THAT owner.

there attorny have had my driving privliges and license supended

5) Please tell me on what basis your license was suspended?

6) And, Uh, oh, was that car you were driving not insured?

what can I DO I need answers to these questions if I can hope to see if there is something you can do here. I look forward to your answers. Please answer them by Numbering your answers to correspond to the numbered questions.

Optional Information:
Country relating to Question: United States
State (if USA): Ohio

Already Tried:
talking to the insurance co.

------

Please note that I have not yet answered your question. That is because this is one of those times where additional information is necessary or prudent. I have requested this additional information from you in order that a most thorough and accurate answer may be provided and I look forward to your response. In the meantime, I will be researching any related issues as necessary for that thorough answer, to ensure that there are no recent legal changes that could effect my answer, as well as drafting portions of the answer for you. Thus, if you don't see my response right away, after you provide your reply, please don't be concerned. Once I respond, you should be getting an email notification (or other) so you can come back and receive that answer. Thank you, and I look forward to assisting you.

Repeat reminder: Due to rules of our states, nothing herein is intended as legal advice, only intended as general information in order that you may have a starting point for helping yourself and and better pursuing the details you need. PLEASE ALSO KNOW THAT ANY ANSWERS FROM ME ARE POSTED ON THIS SITE AND NOT EMAILED TO YOU. I DO NOT KNOW YOUR EMAIL AND WILL NEVER EMAIL YOU MYSELF.