How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in auto accident in Texas on 6/6/12. I was not able

This answer was rated:

I was in auto accident in Texas on 6/6/12. I was not able to get a copy of the accident report until 6/22/12. The report clearly has serious errors on it. Can I amend the report and is there a period of time in which to do this?

I'm an experienced personal injury attorney in Texas. Unfortunately, the accident report is not something that you can force a correction on. However, it may cause you serious problems in any insurance claim or lawsuit that results from the accident.

You can request that the officer consider changing the report because of errors in the report, but she/he does not have to change the report. The easiest way to go about doing this is to contact the officer (their name should be listed on the report) and ask them if they would mind changing it and that there are some serious errors on it that are going to cause you issues. It is the officer's discretion at that point to do it or not. You will likely have to be persistent in getting the reporting officer to take your call.

Please let me know if you need further information.
TexLaw and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you