How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Legalease Your Own Question
Legalease, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 16367
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Legalease is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a ex boyfriend, that i have a restraining order against

Customer Question

i have a ex boyfriend, that i have a restraining order against and he physically abused me and mentally, extremely badly, I've won every restraining order and he keeps trying to fight it, i am seeing a psychiatrist because of the trama he had put me through, and awful nightmares I'm also on meds for my problems PTSD, PARANOIA, ANXIETY, AN NIGHTMARES TO THE POINT I'M SCREAMING AN CRYING FOR SOMEONE TO HELP ME, can i start a civil suit against him
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Hello there


I am in Massachusetts. WHile what you are proposing is very unusual and you may have difficulties finding an attorney to handle this without having to pay an hourly fee (which can get very expensive very fast) unless he has a lot of money that he can pay in a civil suit, you can most certainly file a claim for a civil lawsuit for intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress against him. You should contact your local county bar association and ask for a referral to a lawyer in your area who handles civil tort emotional distress claims. They should give you several names and you can go from there.




Legalease and 6 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is there a phone number i can reach you at so i may speak to you personally
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Hello again


I really wish I could but I am not permitted to have contact with customers offline (I could lose my position here if I did that) -- and trust me, it has nothing to do with you and your situation and everything to do with liking my position here and not wanting to jeapordize it.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here



Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank u
Expert:  Legalease replied 5 years ago.

Your welcome