How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dfax took my granbaby from his mom because she failed to get

Customer Question

dfax took my granbaby from his mom because she failed to get him medical treatment and she couldnt pass a drug screen they then took him from my son and placed him with me because he failed to get him medical treatment and his house was nasty. How ever they tell me I am to give him back to my son after almost 4 weeks what can I do to stop it? my granbaby was born with hemaphillia he cant stop bleeding on his own.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
Zachary D. Norris :

if you believe that your son is not a fit parent, the only thing you can do is petition the state to terminate his parental rights.

Zachary D. Norris :

Are you there?

Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
Mrs. Harbuck,
If Child Protective Services is already involved and they are deeming your son as fit to continue his parental duties, then there is not much you can do.
However, you need to petition Child Protective Services to allow you to move the court for termination of your son's parental rights and to allow you to have full parental rights.
This is not something you can do without getting a family lawyer involved, as it is complicated, and could cost you upwards of $10,000.00 in attorney's fees to get done.