Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am renting a condo from an individual. part of the reason

Customer Question

I am renting a condo from an individual. part of the reason I rented this condo was because I was verbally guaranteed used of the pool. Now pool season is here and the landlord tells me they cannot get a pool pass because they are behind on condo fees. I also found out after renting the condo had placed a lien against the landlord for past condo fees and the landlord did not have an inspection done so I cannot get my occupancy permit also in the condo rules they cannot rent for less than 12 months. My lease is for 6 months. Can I hold back any rent money for not having use of the condo facilities?
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.

Are you under a written lease?
.
If so, does it mention that the pool pass is included or was that completely verbal?
.

.

.

Thanks.

.

Please keep in mind that I am trying to help you understand and resolve your situation. I don't make the laws, I am just reporting or interpreting them, so the outcome may not be what you had hoped for.

.
Please be patient as I am typically working with several customers at any given time. Some answers take 5 minutes, some 35 minutes, depending on the level of complexity. But rest assured, I will get back with you as soon as I am able.

.

If you need additional clarification on this question, just click "Reply" and I will be happy to help you. Please give me as much detail as you can so that I can respond after receiving all the relevant details.

.

Please be aware that I am not entering into an attorney client relationship, this is a public forum, and all posts are available for public viewing. There is no duty of confidentiality that attaches to any posts. With that in mind, please do not post any specific information you do not want available for public viewing. The information provided is not a substitute for a local attorney’s legal advice.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no it was verbal
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 years ago.
Was the lease written?

.

.

Thanks.

.

.

.

.