How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would need a lawyer to represent me over several home health

Resolved Question:

I would need a lawyer to represent me over several home health agencies that is consistently committing medicare fraud and abusing the program;admitting patients that has no medical necessity and maximizing medicare reimbursement thru upcoding and improper billing.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, what you are asking for is not something that you can sue over. Your knowledge of medicare fraud by a third party home health agency does not create a claim under which you can sue. The government is the only party that can sue in this case.

You need to contact the department of justice or the FBI to report the medicare fraud you are aware of. Perhaps they have an award program that you might be able to take advantage of for reporting the information.

Please press "accept" so that I may be credited for my work.

Best of luck and please feel free to ask for clarification if needed.
-Zachary D. Norris
TexLaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you