How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TexLaw Your Own Question
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience:  Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
TexLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

losed my job because my arms dont work they are numb and tingly

Customer Question

losed my job because my arms dont work they are numb and tingly doctors now say i have nerve damage and need operation but ins, runs out in two days and i have no income I have rhumatoid arthrities but with no money cant take meds or see a doctor rent do at end of month can not pay so they will throw me out i will be homeless what can i do
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good afternoon. Even if a tenant is in default,
the law does not allow the landlord to forcibly evict a tenant without
obtaining an eviction order from a court. What that means is that if
termination date comes and the tenant doesn't move out, the landlord cannot
simply change the locks or throw the tenant's things out. Rather, what the
landlord has to do is to first deliver a 3-Day Notice to quit in
Idaho...which basically says the tenant has 3 days to leave or face
eviction. But, if the tenant still doesn't leave, the landlord must then file a
petition with the court for an eviction order. Depending upon the court's
docket, it can take anywhere from about 15 days to a couple of months to get a
hearing. Only when a judge has issued
the eviction order can the landlord have the tenant evicted. That will buy the
tenant a good bit of time.

I hope this has given you
information that has been helpful to you. If the information seems more general
than specific, please be aware that we are only allowed to provide information
and not specific advice.
If you have a follow-up question, please
remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my
answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.
If you need additional clarification on this question, please do not
hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you
further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you. Please be aware that
the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general
information. All states have intricacies in their laws and
any information given is simply information only and specifically is not
intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does
not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has
been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
dont care if i am homeless i want my arm to stop hurting and my job back or at least to be able to work
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
I understand....but solving your medical issues are outside the scope of what I can help you with on JA. I can only provide you the legal protections you have with regard to your housing situation. I'm sorry!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my question was not answerd i have been wronged by my work and doctor and now am helpless
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Other.
answer was not of my question my ? is how do i make my work and doctor accountable for what is happing to me i did as they asked
Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.

The previous expert was correct on your housing situation. I'll give your other issues a try. In order to address those other issues, I need some more information. Please answer the following questions:

1. What kind of work did you do?

2. How long have you been working at that job?

3. When did you first start noticing your arm pain?

4. Do you have back pain as well?

5. Have you ever suffered a back injury?

6. Do you know the cause of your nerve injury?

7. Were you at work when the injury occurred?

8. Have you filed a workers compensation claim?

9. Have you filed a disability claim?

10. How did you lose your job, were you fired, or were you laid off?

11. Have you filed an unemployment claim?

12. Have you filed a social security claim?

13. How long have you had rheumatoid arthritis and have you been officially diagnosed with the same?

14. Are you on medication for rheumatoid arthritis?

15. Did your employer know you had rheumatoid arthritis?

16. Did your employer's decision to terminate or lay you off have anythign to do with the fact that you could not work because of your rheumatoid arthritis?

Please provide the answer to these questions and I will try and help you.

Best Regards,
Zachary D. Norris
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

!)worked at kit homebuilders west building manufactored homes 2)i have worked for them cense 02 was layed off for 8 months from nov 08 to july09 due to lack of work.

3)told doctor in aprail and said then it has been going on for about a month she changed the drugs i take.4)yes 5)no 6) no just working to hard i guess. 7)yes 8)no.

9)yes last week the 24th 10)I had a doctors letter saying i needed to take time off and not work over 40 hrs and work at a job not so hard i told work at the time i couldnt do anything with my arm they said they had nothing for me and to go to unemployment.

11) yes have two letters from them one says i am eligible for benefits because i quit with good cause the other letter says i am not eligible because i am unable to work

12)yes 13)Started seeing doctor in 06 14) yes 15)yes 16) not sure when i called and asked to come back to work he said no there is something wrong with you and you need to get help.

Expert:  TexLaw replied 5 years ago.
My advice to you is that you need to immediately file a workers compensation claim. You need to claim that the injury happened to you at work and that it happened as a result of lifting heavy objects. You also need to claim that the employer terminated you as a result of your injury.

You should also look into filing a claim for violations of the Americans with Disability Act, as you could argue that your employer failed to make reasonable accommodations for your RA condition.

Filing the workers compensation claim will allow you to get medical treatment and to get some income benefits.
You can do this without getting a lawyer.

For the Americans with Disabilities Act potential claim, you need to consult a local attorney.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Best of Luck,
Zachary D. Norris
TexLaw, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4430
Experience: Lead trial/International commercial attorney licensed 11 yrs
TexLaw and 7 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you