How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 6422
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The Spokane Superior Court claims that they do not have the

Customer Question

The Spokane Superior Court claims that they do not have the forms to set a hearing, or at least that is what one person there claimed when asked. Where can I get forms to set a hearing for Spokane Superior Court? It does me no good to fill out all the pro se paperwork just to find out that I can't get a hearing because I didn't ask. This is for a civil private action, injunctive relief, and not criminal, not spousal related, not related to juveniles.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. I very much enjoy what I do and I hope that you will benefit from this information.

A request for hearing does not have to be complicated. You would type the style of the case at the top and then title the document "Plaintiff's / Defendant's Request for Hearing on Motion to XYZ".

Then, in the body of the document, you would simply say something like:

Plaintiff hereby requests a hearing on its motion to xyz.

Sometimes, based on the local rules, you have state that you conferred with opposing counsel about trying to resolve the matter without court intervention and that such attempts were unsuccessful.

Then at the bottom of the Request for Hearing document, you would have your signature line and contact information and a certificate of service to the other side. You would then file this with the court and sent the court a proposed order using the same format except the title would now be "Order on Plaintiff's Request for Hearing on Motion XYZ"

In the body of the proposed order, you would then state as follows:

The court, having considered plaintiff's request for hearing, hereby orders that a hearing be set on this XYZ motion on the ___ day of _________, 2012 at ___ a.m/p.m.

You would then include a signature line for the judge and once the judge signs the proposed order, you can send a copy of the order to the other side.

You would then ha

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
"You would then ha " .... what does it say after it got cut off? Does it show on your side?
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.

Sorry, I am not sure how that part got there but please ignore. The answer ended with "...other side."

Maverick and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. I hope my answer helped. If you have questions of this nature in the future, I handle litigation and jury trials on a regular basis and I would be happy to assist you. Just start your future questions with "This question is for Maverick" and they will be routed to me. Thanks for the "Accept".

Let me know,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your pasted in example. I may have more questions about hearing documents but not right now. I think I may have found some examples. I am not ready to say anything just yet. Thanks for telling me how to get a question to you by name.
Expert:  Maverick replied 5 years ago.