How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Irwin Law Your Own Question
Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7311
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Irwin Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own my own small business (I do auto repair), and one of

Resolved Question:

I own my own small business (I do auto repair), and one of my customers has informed me that she doesn't have the money to pay for the repairs that I've already started on her vehicle. I have looked into filing a mechanics' lien, and decided to try that route. I'm having trouble finding paperwork for it though.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 5 years ago.

In AZ you have to formally file and record the notice of lien. Here is a web site with instructions for filing the lien


You might find the lien form on line too at:


If there is more than a few hundred dollars involved, it might pay to have a local attorney assist you.


I have answered your question. Please click on ACCEPT so that I will be compensated. BONUSES for quick and helpful responses are very appreciated. If you wish clarification of the answer, please send me a "Reply". If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist, but as a courtesy I respectfully request that you ACCEPT the answer to your first question before branching off into other new questions.
Also, this answer does not create an attorney client relationship and you are urged to consult a local attorney to verify the accuracy of this answer according to your state's laws and local customs and practice.

Irwin Law and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you