Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
11182422

Can you see if two separate websites on Backpage were posted

Customer Question

Can you see if two separate websites on Backpage were posted by the same person/company? Both are up and running now. Both posted last saturday.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Brandon M. :

Hello there.

Brandon M. :

Thank you for your question. It is sometimes possible to determine the owner of a website. What websites did you have in mind?

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

I can send them to you now. is that what you're asking?

Brandon M. :

Yes, please.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

just a min while I copy and paste.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

http://honolulu.backpage.com/BodyRubs/how-about-not-an-asian-sexy-smart-white-girl-who-speaks-english-here-27/3269761 [Note: posted on Honolulu Backpage this last sat around 1 pm, under 'bodyrubs'] The SECOND website is this:

http://honolulu.backpage.com/Domination/itty-bitty-wittle-peeny-28/3332502 . It was also posted this past Sat., on Honolulu Backpage, around 3:20 pm.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

not trying to rush you, just want to make certain you recvd the last message w/the two websites.

Brandon M. :

It just went though. Thank you, ***** ***** moment please.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

Take your time. I assume you try to see if the IP addresses are the same. I don' tknow how to do that, however.

Brandon M. :

Actually, I may have misunderstood. I was under the impression that you were looking for confirmation of ownership. I think that this question would be better suited for one of our computer categories. If you would like, I can transfer it there to have one of our techies look into it.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

How long will it take? If the same person/company owns the two websites,that would be useful also. Can you determine ip addresses for each?

Brandon M. :

I can't determine the IP address, but one of our computer experts might.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

re: 'confirmation of ownership' i'm not sure I know what yu mean.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

But I'm trying to see if the two are somehow connected, the same, etc. Any idea how long it will take and how much it will cost? And yes, if you can check ip addresses to see if same, you or a tech, that's fine.

Brandon M. :

Well, a website has an owner. For example, this website is justanswer and it is owned by justanswer corp. I misunderstood thinking that you you wanted confirmation of whether two websites had the same owner.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

that would be fine for a start.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

but is posting an add on Backpage 'owning' a website?

Brandon M. :

Ok, I am going to opt out and transfer this to a more appropriate category. It may take a few moments, but I am sure that someone will get to you asap.

JACUSTOMER-sg1vq3mj- :

That'sfine. I have to go to dinner (it's early here ) but can come up and check in 15 mins to half hour.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

look, i'm glad to pay for this WHEN i get an answer. I don't mind if the first and second expert split the fee. but there's no answer as yet. can we keep going. i really need this quickly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

\

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
will someone please contact me?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

will someone please contact me?