Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

With a work comp injury, is there a time span for how long

With a work comp injury, is there a time span for how long an insurance company needs to retain a recorded phone conversation? Are they aloud to let other outfits in or connected to the company listen to that recording and let them tell you that they got to listen to that?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
There are no laws governing how long they must keep recorded phone conversations I am afraid. This is determined by their internal policy. If the calls are pertaining to your healthcare information, HIPAA prevents them from disclosing that information to anyone who does not have a legitimate business or medical purpose to know. By business reason I mean someone who works for the workers compensation carrier who needs to use the information to do their job related to the claim. This does not include the employer unless the information is not pertaining to health information and is pertaining to the details of how the injury occurred so the employer can confirm or deny those allegations.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer OR the HAPPY SMILEY FACE. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”