How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Joseph Your Own Question
Joseph, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 7280
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Joseph is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just went through a terrible divorce and i feel that i was

Customer Question

hi, i just went through a terrible divorce and i feel that i was horribly misrepresentated. i have gone to several other att. adn they feel im right and wont touch the case. they said i should go after my att. malpractice ins. i dont know what to do. can you help me?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Unfortunately, the policies of Just Answer do not permit us to represent customers of this site or to provide direct referrals. However, we can point you in the right direction.

As a suggestion, I suspect part of the problem is that you are looking for attorneys in your immediate area. As a general rule, many attorneys that handle malpractice cases will not take on cases involving local attorneys. The problem is likely obvious, they probably come into contact with the attorney and would not want to sue them. As such, you might consider going outside of your local area.

First, you should begin with your state bar association. The Connecticut State Bar has a website, it is located at

I do not know your county of residence but your county bar association likely has a similar site that will be more specific to your location. A quick Google search will locate the appropriate bar association. For example, you might search "hartford county bar association". As I suggested above, you might want to avoid attorneys in your immediate area, perhaps you could check surrounding counties instead of your own.

Additionally, Martindale Hubbell is a national organization that rates attorneys across the country. Their website is located at

Another nationwide website is located at This site lists attorneys by geographic location and area of practice.

Additionally, there is quite likely a legal aid society in your area. A quick internet search and/or phone book search should locate the society closest to you.

Each of these resources will have a wealth of information as to attorneys in your area that handle such cases and that would provide services for free or at a reduced cost. I would suggest you check each site out and you will surely find a great number of attorneys that meet your needs. Pick a few to meet with in person so that you can thoroughly explain your situation and then retain the one that you feel can best represent your interests.

Please let me know if anything requires clarification.

I hope you found my answer helpful. If so, please click on the green ACCEPT for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Even if you are a subscription member, you will need to click ACCEPT. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated! Thank you and good luck!

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.