Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

hello,

Customer Question
On march 14to march20 I...
hello, On march 14to march20 I parked in a pay parking lot at westchester count airport,ny (indoor) I picked up my car and there must of been a birds nest above my truck,therefor there was a excessive amount of bird dropping on my hood along with nesting material.It damaged my paint on my hood.I emailed airport and ask them to pay for detailing of vehicle.I got a estimate for detailing and to repair my hood for $830.I talked to a lparking emploee and the said we have other complaints about birds and we are eviiromental freindly.What should I do?contact EPA .They should be responable.. Thank you wayne m schaffer [email protected] I have pics. of lot and damage
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
4/1/2012
Lawyer: Sam, Attorney at Law replied 5 years ago
Sam, Attorney at Law

Sam :

Hi

Sam :

I am sorry to hear of this situation.

Sam :

I suggest you will want to find out who the owner of the lot is and write a letter with a copy of the estimates and make a request for payment. However, you need to read any disclaimers they may have about parking on the lot and not being responsible for the damages

Sam :

So you may also want to contact your auto insurance company and see what they suggest as to how to get the parking lot to pay for the damage.

Sam :

If you have further questions, you may post them here and I will continue to assist. Otherwise, even if you have a JA Subscription, Please ACCEPT my answer as that is the only way I get credit for my time and information. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-32nc1f4j- :

I did send them a letter , aon parking sent back said there not responsable. the disclaimer didnt say any thing about bird damage , just about stolen property and auto damage due to other vehicles.. I did all that already. the parking lot rep said they are a eviromental freindly and they had several complaints about birds. I sent pics and estimate for $839.

Sam, Attorney at Law