Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

how do i get a car title in my name from my dead huband there

Customer Question
is still a balance and...
how do i get a car title in my name from my dead huband there is still a balance and the car have been stolen. and get a title so the insurance will paid it off.since i file a stolen claim. it got a stolen flash and will not be remove unless it is found or four years which every come first.i am in a caught 22 please help.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2012
Lawyer: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 5 years ago
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Hi and thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am sorry to learn of your experience. Please clarify:

1. Do you have a copy of the death certificate?

2. Was there an estate opened in probate court? If so, you were the designated administrator or was someone else responsible for concluding his financial affairs?
got death certifcate no never been to probate. was told since i am the only surving relate didn't have to
never been to court for this
Thank you. No problem.

Simply complete this Certification form to put the auto in your name and submit it to the Secretary of State with a copy of the death certificate: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/tr-29_16195_7.pdf

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. It is my goal that you are satisfied.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
did file this cerifcate with the state
already did what you say to do but because the stolen flash on it.and tda auto file a reproession title when they never did take the auto. the insurance company state farms want to paid rhe stolen auto claim but want because of stolen flash and reproession claim stolen flash will stay on record for 4 years or the auto found please help
you shouldn't be on line charges for what you are doing i just flush 28 down. this is just commom sense. you didn't tell me anything that i didn't already know.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney