How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Actively practicing trial attorney
Type Your Legal Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was 5mph over the posted speed of 70mph on I-10 at Cabazon

Resolved Question:

I was 5mph over the posted speed of 70mph on I-10 at Cabazon CA. Can my speeding ticket be dismissed because the incorrect year of my vehicle was put on the ticket?

The officer never asked for or saw my proof of ins nor my registration. My registered address info is not filled in on the ticket.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  lwpat replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

I am sorry but that is not a sufficient reason for the ticket to be dismissed. Here is an article that covers that situation.

With that said, it is unusual to receive a ticket for only five over. If the court is close you may want to show for court and the judge may dismiss, especially if the officer does not show. You can also dispute the ticket with a Trial by Declaration. You can do that entirely by mail and if the officer does not reply your ticket will be dismissed. You can also take the online traffic school if you have not taken it in the last 18 months.
lwpat and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you