J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney and small business owner with 10 years experience in the general practice of law.
15393114

What does this paragraph say? "the plaintiff shall have the

What does this paragraph say?
"the plaintiff shall have the right to abstract and execute this judgement without notice to the defendant, including any additional court costs and 5% interest per annum from the date of judgement"
Expert:  J.Hazelbaker replied 5 years ago.

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

That is standard language in a judgment that gives the plaintiff (or other winning party) the right to use the judgment to collect the amount defendant was ordered to pay.

J.Hazelbaker :

This can be done through tools such as wage garnishment, bank levy, and liening property.

J.Hazelbaker :

In addition, the language gives the plaintiff the right to add the costs of doing those things to the total amount due. And, finally, to charge the defendant 5% interest on the total due until judgment is fully paid off.

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.