Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

what do you do if you were in accident and the person that

Customer Question
caused it gave police insurance...
what do you do if you were in accident and the person that caused it gave police insurance info and the insurance company said they do not have insurance anymore
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
3/19/2012
Lawyer: J.Hazelbaker, Attorney replied 5 years ago
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney

J.Hazelbaker :

Hello. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

J.Hazelbaker :

You need to contact the police, locate the officer handling the report, and provide that information to the officer.

J.Hazelbaker :

The police will amend or supplement the report and will likely charge the other driver.

J.Hazelbaker :

You should also contact your insurance company and apprise them of the situation so that you are compliant with your contract (which usually requires that you inform them at the earliest opportunity of a potential claim).

J.Hazelbaker :

Please let me know what follow-up questions you have. If my above responses have been helpful, please click Accept so that I get credit for the time/effort. You may always restart the thread and ask follow-up questions at any time by clicking the “Reply” button at the bottom of the question/answer thread. You can access this thread later in your profile under the “My Questions” tab.

J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker
J.Hazelbaker, Attorney