INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

my landlord, single member of condo LLC recently deceased.

my landlord, single member of condo LLC recently deceased. I received a letter from bank on 2/26 advising all rent must be paid to them. Last night, received letter from LLC stating lease remains with LLC and if I remitted rent to bank, would still owe LLC. I need to pay rent today but don't know who I must pay accordingly to Florida law. Can you provide guidance?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
You want to advise both sides that demand is being made from both of them, and until it is resolved by agreement or a court order, you will escrow the rent to avoid duplicate obligation. Typically unless bank foreclosed, the deceased rights would pass to his entity or other designation, but those facts they need to flesh out to you.

I hope you found the answer fast and direct. Please click the ACCEPT button so I may get credit for it by Justanswer. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

If you have a follow up question, just click REPLY. I will be more than happy to address it.