How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56867
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have have been seeing a doctor for a couple years. he was

Customer Question

I have have been seeing a doctor for a couple years. he was tearing me for major depression.
He put me on a strong medication. if you abruptly stop making the drug you will get so sick.the drug you is called Soboxon and yer other one is valium. both of the medications must be monitored. For a.medical detox.which i can afford. Im going to have to do it myself.. the doctor in question filled out
my disability for Major depression. He just told me he will not see me. and refused to help me at least hhelp me. i have never heard anything like that. i already had 2 suicides. under his care.without my zolofti would be dead. he also admitted to doing drugs and smoking marijuana while in his office. Its humane. he was also was also fired after he was clearly under the influence. i feel like Im on the
More depressed, ITS been hell. he also writes a ton narcotics,to younger people who are fine. i have not bbeen sleepy , i can't eat , in constant fear and anxieties. Im very scared . all this pain for month. i want to sue this doctor.

Denis Herndon
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
You can pursue a claim for negligence and malpractice. The basis being failure to exercise due and reasonable care resulting in injury and worsening of condition. Often his insurer will step in to settle. It helps having it pursued by a medical malpractice lawyer, working on commission, for which is a good resource.

I hope you found the answer fast and direct. Please click the ACCEPT button so I may get credit for it by Justanswer. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

If you have a follow up question, just click REPLY. I will be more than happy to address it.