Joseph
Joseph, Attorney
Experience:  I have 15 years experience in the legal field, currently specializing in criminal and family law
18539850

i got a new transmission in my car when i got it back it runs

i got a new transmission in my car when i got it back it runs like shit.i was told they messed up my sensors.what can i do to get them to fix it
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

You would likely begin the process by contacting the shop to inform them of the problem and to request that they correct the problem. If this addresses your concern, you would be finished.

If this does not work, you might consider a demand letter. Such a letter would "demand" a certain response, here that would likely be the repair of the problem with the car. While you could write the demand letter yourself, you might consider hiring an attorney to write the letter. As you might imagine, the letter would surely be more compelling coming from an attorney as opposed to coming from you directly.

If all else fails, you would then need to make a determination as to whether to file a civil lawsuit. While you might very well prevail, such an action would obviously require more time and effort on your part.

Also, several customers have asked how they may direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to assist you in your legal matter, just put "FOR JOSEPH" in the subject line and I will gladly pick up the question as soon as I am on-line.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i am just sick about this.i am 39 and have work very hard to get this car.i wont them to fix it and do it right.so should i get a lawyer because when my husband talked to them they said that it ran fine.but it ran like shit when i got it half way home and my engine light comes on
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

You might consider holding off on an attorney just yet. As I suggested above, contact them a couple times on your own to see if they will fix the problem. If they do, then you would have obtained an appropriate remedy without the need to spend any money. If you hire an attorney, it would likely cost at least a couple hundred dollars just for the writing of the letter.

Conversely, if you find yourself actually needing to litigate the matter, you should certainly consider hiring an attorney then.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok i will call them again.we talked to them when i got home.they said my car was doing that when i brought it in.it did not run like thsat
and they dont wont to fix it they wont me too pay them to fix it
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i just payed them around 1700.00 dollars and i am not paying them to fix what they broke
Expert:  Joseph replied 5 years ago.

Yes, contact them again tomorrow and give them an opportunity to fix the problem. Not only might this be a simple way to correct the problem, but it also would help you in court as it shows that you gave the shop every opportunity to handle the matter correctly.