How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a judgement against from Discover Credit card, they

Customer Question

I have a judgement against from Discover Credit card, they have sent me a post judgement notice to settle & compliance notice & request for discovery letter

What are my options, I am on SSDI and can barely make it as it is with my school loan and other credit cards, and i own a car 2011 nissan, can they take that away??
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Be sure to go ahead and bookmark for future questions.

They cannot touch your SSDI, and if that is your only vehicle, they won't be able to touch that either. Essentially, you are what we call "judgment proof". Even if there is a judgment, there is nothing they can do to collect it. In essence, you've got nothing to worry about. Respond to them directly and truthfully.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
are they going to ask me for proof of my SSDI award letter?

and will this make this judgement go away?

or will it come back if I am removed from disability?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
The judgment will not go away. It will always be there, just as long as you are on disability, it cannot be collected.
NateLawAnswers and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
so once I am off disability they will come after me again right? so then I might as well pay it somehow how low of a payment will they take??
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
That's up to them. Once you are off disability, you can worry about the judgment. If you file a slow pay motion with the court, the court will order a payment plan that is doable with your financial situation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry to keep bothering you, can I file that on my own?
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Yes. The court clerk will have a form you can use.

Related Legal Questions