How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 55715
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Got an loan from my bank for my brother and he wont pay me

Resolved Question:

Got an loan from my bank for my brother and he wont pay me back. What can I do?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good evening. File a claim against him and get a judgment awarded in your favor. Then, once you get the judgment, you can have the sheriff serve a summons on him for a debtor examination. That forces him to meet you in court and answer questions under oath about his assets. After you obtain that information you have the power to garnish wages, attach bank accounts, and/or have the sheriff seize other property to satisfy the debt.



I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

If he lives in Indiana do I have to file there?



Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, you do. I'm sorry!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Even though I transfered the money from my acct to his I have to go there?

Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
You won't be able to serve him with the summons he is being sued. If he comes to Az. you can serve him and sue him.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So it's better for me to file there? and what information would I need for court?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago. would be best to file in Indiana. You need only take a copy of the note.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry last question, what note?
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
The note where you borrowed the money from the bank to loan to the bank; then take a copy of the check you wrote him; and any other evidence you have evidencing the fact that this was a loan.
Richard and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you