How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CLFlaw Your Own Question
CLFlaw, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 132
Experience:  Colorado-licensed lawyer, real estate, business, family, state and local taxation, regulatory, employment, landlord/tenant.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
CLFlaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi, I owe my sister a large sum of money and would like to

Resolved Question:

Hi, I owe my sister a large sum of money and would like to secure the loan with my old car collection. I would like to know what forms I need to fill out to do so and if I can get them online? Thank you, Bruce
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  CLFlaw replied 5 years ago.

CLFlaw :

Contact your local Department of Motor Vehicles for the lien papers to put a lien on the vehicles' titles. There's a lot of information on the web about this but that information is referring to judicial liens. Your lien is a consensual lien - like you'd give to the bank when you buy a car. DMV handles these matters. Good luck! Please hit Accept so that I may receive credit for my Answer. Thank you!

CLFlaw and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you