Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

CAR WAS TOWED AND IMPOUNDED FOR BEING PARKED FOR 72 HOURS IN

Customer Question
VIOLATION OF LOCAL ORDINANCE IN...
CAR WAS TOWED AND IMPOUNDED FOR BEING PARKED FOR 72 HOURS IN VIOLATION OF LOCAL ORDINANCE IN REDLANDS CA( vehICLE HAD TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS OWNER OF BUILDING CAR PARKED IN FRONT OF WAS NOTIFIED AND GIVEN MY CONTACT INFORMATION AND VERBALLY ALLOWED ME TO PARK THERE UNTIL REPAIR SHOP PICKED UP VEHICLE SINCE I DIDNT LIVE CLOSE TO AREA ,AM HANDICAPPED AND HAVE NO FAMILY TO ASSIST ME
NEVER RECEIVED CHP NOTICE ,PARKING CITATION OR NOTICE OF STORED VEHICLE BY TOWING COMPANY NOR ANY BILL FROM TOWING COMPANY

FIRST INFORMATION I RECEIVED CONCERNING STATUS OF VEHICLE WAS WHEN I RECEIVED DMV NOTICE OF PENDING LIEN SALE (17 DAYS AFTER VEHICLE TOWED ) ON FORM ,THE DATE I WAS BILLED WAS FALSELY REPORTED TO BE 7/5 AND DATE NOTICE WAS MAILED WAS THE SAME DATE 7/5
SO WHY DID THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT SALE IF THEY NEVER HAD SENT ME A BILL.? THE TOW COMPANY ALSO falsely REPORTED to DMV( UNDER THE PARKING VIOLATIONS SECTION )THAT I HAD OUTSTANDING PARKING PENALTIES

TOW ING COMPANY'S GENERAL MANAGER WOULDNT PROVIDE ME AN ITEMIZED INVOICE,ALLOW ME TO SEE MY VEHICLE(CONVERTIBLE HAD TOP OPEN) AND REFUSED TO LET ME GET MY POSSESSIONS (SAID THAT" THE CAR AND NOTHING IN IT WAS MINE") THIS VIOLATED MY RIGHTS AS DESCRIBED IN cvc 1072.5

WENT TO COURT WHERE THE GENERAL MANAGER AND OWNER LIED REPEATEDLY
THE COURT PERSONNEL ALSO DISREGARDED MY GESTURING TO GIVE THE judge my documentation CONCERNING THE CASE BUT HAD GIVEN PLAINTIFFS INFORMATION TO JUDGE SO trial very one-sided AND JUDGMENT FOR PLAINTIFF

MADE PARTIAL PAYMENT OF $500 TO TOW COMPANY and GAVE $105 TO POLICE DEPT TO HAVE VEHICLE RELEASED

I.HAD IT TOWED HOME BY AAA. CAR WAS IN POOR SHAPE WHEN RETRIEVED SINCE NOT COVERED WHILE STORED. THE LEATHER INTERIOR AND CARPETING WERE FILTHY AND DAMAGED, THE BATTERY WAS DEAD AND ALL OF THE TIRES WERE FLAT
HAVE FILED AN APPEAL TRIAL IN 10 DAYS
NEED ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT ME
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
2/1/2012
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 years ago
This is something that frequently happens with persons trying to represent themselves. If you had evidence and the court would not accept the evidence, then what likely happened is that you did not follow the rules of procedure and evidence in introducing that evidence. You are entitled to file an appeal within 30 days of the judgment against you as you have done. I am sorry that the rules of this site prevent us from representing anyone from this site and you need to contact your local senior citizen center and legal aid as well as the state bar to get an attorney to assist you. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

There are some questions regarding the fact that I never received any notice from police that my car had been towed nor any call or letter or bill from the Towing company stating that I owed them money.
The first time I received a bill was when the general manager pulled up behind me in his jeep as i was entering my driveway, told me he had been following me and handed me a letter demanding payment in a lump sum payment of $2540 Had I been notified in a timely fashion I may have been able to afford paying the entire bill
Is there any law regarding notification to vehicle owner?
Also.. I called the office the next day to request an itemized invoice( because by my calculations the bill should have been $1665) and the secretary tolld me' we don't do that," I then called the general manager and he also refused so I went to the place where my car was towed and when I asked again for an itemized invoke I was handed a sticky note with three figures on it This was when the manager told me that' the car and nothing in it 'was mine and they wouldn't allow me to get my things from the trunk of my car. Don't I have the right to have both of these before paying their bill?
CA Code 22651.07 states they will "Provide a distinct notice on an itemized invoice for any towing or storage, or both, charges stating: "Upon request, you are entitled to receive a copy of the Towing Fees and Access Notice." This notice shall be contained within a bordered text box, printed in no less than 10-point type." While we cannot do case law research for you through this site, you have to present evidence to the court that they did not do so and this means calling witnesses to testify who have first hand knowledge.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney