LawBeagle
LawBeagle, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney
56094747

I am self employed caregiver for developmentally disabled

Customer Question

I am self employed caregiver for developmentally disabled adults contracted with the state of Arizona. The guardian for cthis disabled adultd is appointed by the state. I am interested in becoming a guardian for these adults and would like information on eligibility.
Expert:  LawBeagle replied 5 years ago.

You will have to file a petition with the court where the guardianship was established asking the court to stop the guardianship of whomever has been appointed now, and ask that you be appointed. You will need to show why you would be a good guardian and your qualifications to care for this person.

Here is a link with more information for you - this is from Maricopa County but the procedure is the same.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/Self-ServiceCenter/Glossary/guard_adult.asp

I would strongly recommend that you retain a local attorney to help you file this petition.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions! I hope this helps. If my answer has been informative, please click the green Accept button, as I will not receive credit for my response unless you do so. I am happy to answer follow up questions. After you hit Accept, type your response and hit reply, and I will get right back with you. Thanks again!

I love working with the same customers, as this provides a better experience for you. If you would like to request me for another question, simply put "FOR Legal4Info" at the beginning of your future questions.

______________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER Just Answer experts DO NOT provide legal services. In order to obtain a legal opinion or advice, you must retain the services of a licensed attorney located in your state. The answer provided is FOR INFORMATIONAL OR RESEARCH PURPOSES only, and does not constitute legal advice or a legal opinion AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON TO MAKE LEGAL DECISIONS. YOUR QUESTIONS AND MY RESPONSE ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL, as they are viewable by the public. No attorney-client relationship is formed. By viewing my response, and/or clicking the "Accept" button, you are agreeing to these terms.