How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INFOLAWYER Your Own Question
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 56528
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
Type Your Legal Question Here...
INFOLAWYER is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have an order to appear in court to discover assets to pay

Resolved Question:

I have an order to appear in court to discover assets to pay a judgement for an office lease space. The corporation is no longer in standing. It seems like it is against me personally. I have been ordered to bring income tax returns and documents like that
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
If the judgment is against the entity, and entity is closed, the creditor is not entitled to your assets or to recover from you.

If it seeks information about the entity, that is permitted.

If there is a court order to appear, you need to appear.

If the judgment is against you personally, due to a guarantee being signed, your personal assets need to be disclosed too.

Failure to appear, indeed can lead to finding of contempt and arrest.

I hope you found the answer fast and helpful. Please click the ACCEPT button so I may get credit for it by Justanswer. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

If you have a follow up question, just click REPLY. I will be more than happy to address it.
INFOLAWYER and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you