How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ellen Your Own Question
Ellen, Lawyer, Consultant
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 36714
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Ellen is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In florida, I am going to file for divorce. We have already

This answer was rated:

In florida, I am going to file for divorce. We have already separated the little we have and feel it is none of the State's business about detailing our financial information. Do we have the legal right to write out our own agreement and submit that to the state without filing out their invasive questionnaires? What if we choose not to list some assets (ie Real Estate held in Trusts?)

WebLaw :

*This chat is not intended as legal advice. It is general information that may or may not apply to your situation and should not be relied upon.*

WebLaw :

Welcome to JustAnswer,

So sorry to hear of this dilemma. I am a Florida licensed attorney. If my answer is not clear to you or does not fully answer your question, please ask me for clarification by using the reply button.




Am I waiting for your answer or need to check back later?

WebLaw :

If you are filing a simplified dissolution of marriage you can waive the financial affidavit –

WebLaw :

Here is the form for the simplified dissolution:

WebLaw :

If you can check number 6 and 7 of the form in order to elect to keep all information private

WebLaw :

I think this is what you wanted to know. Please use the REPLY button if you have any questions concerning my answer. Otherwise please click ACCEPT so that I am paid by the site for answering.

Ellen and 10 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have the forms in front of me, 7 states that we have completed and signed the financial affidavits, we Don't want to complete them ??? Nothing says anything about keeping our information private to ourselves ??

There are many similar forms. I have cut and pasted numbers 6 and 7 from the form I gave you the link to and indicated with an "X" the pertinent choice

6. We have divided our assets (what we own) and our liabilities (what we owe) by agreement. We are satisfied with this agreement.

[Check one only]
( ) Our marital settlement agreement, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure Form 12.902(f)(3), is attached. This agreement was signed freely and voluntarily by each of us and we intend to be bound by it.

( x ) Our marital settlement agreement is not in writing. We prefer to keep our financial agreements private.

7. [check one only]

( )We have each completed and signed financial affidavits, Florida Family Law Rules of Procedure Forms 12.902(b) or (c), which are attached to this petition.

( x ) Each of us is satisfied with the financial disclosure we received from the other spouse and we waive the filing of financial affidavits.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Those choices are not on my forms. Can I add them in?
You are using a different form.Try this form instead:

The courts prefer that litigants use the preprinted forms when not represented by counsel. Have I completely answered your question? If so please click accept as that is the only way that the site pays me for my time. If you need clarification, please click reply
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX back to original link and that gave me paperwork with a 10/11 date. I am good to go! Appreciate it!