Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a auto loan under my info but my ex-boss is the one

Customer Question

I have a auto loan under my info but my ex-boss is the one who have the car. He was suppose to transfer the loan or in other words refinance the car but he never did and he is just damaging my credit for almost 2 years now and when I left him a message saying that I will send someone to pick up the car his response was that if I ry to do this he is going to sue me . I currently live in Austin and he is in Miami and the company that I financed keep calling me to do the payments or to repo a car that I don't even have . What can I do ?I am a single mom and I don't have money to payoff this car or anything . He (my ex boss went to legal school and he knows all the resources and he is damaging me everyway possible ... I am really disturbed with everything is going on now , what can I do
Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Is the vehicle titled and registered in your name?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

No the loan is under my name . I had the car fromm 2007 - 2010 than I lost my job and I was pregnant so my Ex boss had ask me to co-sign a car for him and when all this happen he said that he could keep my car and as soon as he could he would get the car loan transfer to him and mean while he would keep doing the payments and improving my credit ... no need to say that on the very first month and on I keep getting calls from americredit because of the 30 - 60 - 90 days late payments ... insurances accounts open under my name and my name in the collections ... Its a nightmare

I had already received at least 4 different times calls for a repo ...

and he doesn't anser m calls , and no where to be found ...

Expert:  MShore replied 5 years ago.
I understand that the loan is in your name, but is the vehicle title in your name (they are not the same thing, one deals with the obligation to repay a loan the other deals with being the registered owner).