How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33424
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son is 22 yrs old and in the Army. He is currently stationed

Resolved Question:

My son is 22 yrs old and in the Army. He is currently stationed in Colorado and is home for Christmas holidays (in Georgia) with his wife and newborn baby. His wife, Victoria, is 20 yrs old. When she was 17 she was caught shoplifting makeup at a Walmart. She was charged with Shoplifting under $100.

Her parents did not think it necessary to have legal representation, so she received fines, community service, three different classes she had to take and probation. Her fines were paid, she went to the classes. However, she did not do any community service and married and moved out of state with my son.

Last night they were pulled over initially for no tag light. The officers asked for her ID and it came back that she had a warrant for violation of probation. They are saying we cannot bond her out and she must go before the judge which will be Wednesday at earliest. They are due back in Colorado Tuesday and my son cannot take care of their baby by himself as he is in the Army and has to work.

I have tried all day to get in touch with an attorney but its New Years Day and tomorrow is a Federal Holiday. Is there anything more I can do and what should we expect to happen? We are all in shock for something that was less than $20 in cost that was stolen when she was a teenager. I have to go back to work Tuesday and we have no idea what to do with the baby... Thanks in advance.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
There isn't much you can do at this point, other than hire lawyer early tomorrow, and what will happen will depend on the exact facts. The lawyer may also want to check into the validity of her being 17 and not having a lawyer. That is an issue.

It is not unusual to have a no bond for a probation violation, but it is likely the lawyer could get her out Tuesday.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 8 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you