P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

My husband and his brothers own lands in Florida, and they

My husband and his brothers own lands in Florida, and they ware sold after by some African Co. under my husbands name, some were sold after his death. I would like to know what we could do to get our lands back. Thank you.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the chance to help. I am an attorney with over 12 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question

If the land was sold, the only way to recover would be to challenge the validity of the sale.

IF the sale took place after the death of your husband, and the sale was not conducted as part of the probate process for his estate? It may be that the sale was not valid.

The best way to fight this would be to hire a lawyer to go after the company that sold the land.

If the sale took place after the death of your spouse, unless the land belonged to the company that sold it, or was in trust that allowed the sale, it was not likely a valid sale.