Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

my stepfathger has put my mother nin a nusring home and wont

Customer Question
my stepfathger has put my...
my stepfathger has put my mother nin a nusring home and won't let me have any contact with her withn her what can I do?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
1/1/2012
Lawyer: John Legal, Attorney replied 6 years ago
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Is your mother still competent?

I'm her only child and they won't let me have any contact with her

Ilive in Texas she is in neb.

My question was: Is she capable of making decisions regarding visitors on her own? Is she mentally competent?

sometimes she has alz but she says she can't talk to me unless he says so

has blockeded anyone with a Texas accent

She has rights under the Federal Patient Bill of Rights to speak to anyone she chooses. He cannot block you so long as she can express that she wants to speak with you.

Unfortunately, the only other way to get control is to file for guardianship in her county. The court can appoint a guardian to make decisions for her. This could be you or your stepfather.
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
John Legal
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney