How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33416
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

how do i legally remove my wife from the home

Resolved Question:

how do i legally remove my wife from the home
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
Are you filing for separation/divorce?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i really dont want to.i dont believe divorce is an option, but am not so naive that i cant see we are getting really close to it. ive been talking a little about an intervention with some close friends.i want to know if this is a feasible option, and can you give me an idea (basically) of the process involved. Coming from just settling an estate, we talked with a lawyer or two with the idea we might have to go after one or two of my wifes siblings.I know what putting it all out there will entail, and am willing to do so if i have to. i should probably say that she runs an in-home daycare. her clientel will speak, and rightly so, of her. but its dwindling, and i believe she is drinking during the day....
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
There really is no way to put her out of the home without doing it through the family court since she has a marital/community interest in the home. That is the only court that could do it because of her interest.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you