Hi my name isXXXXX need help to transfer 2 lots of land

Customer Question
to the new owners that...
to the new owners that bought the land from me. I have the deed for the land. What paperwork do I need to fill out to do this. Also does the new deed have to be done by a lawyer or can I do it myself and just have it notarized?... Read full answer
Hi my name isXXXXX need help to transfer 2 lots of land to the new owners that bought the land from me. I have the deed for the land. What paperwork do I need to fill out to do this. Also does the new deed have to be done by a lawyer or can I do it myself and just have it notarized?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: Legal
12/21/2011
Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 7 years ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to answer your questions.

What type of deeds are you trying to use for these transactions?
I only have the original deed I recived when i bought the land in 1993.
Was your original Deed a Warranty Deed or a Quitclaim Deed?

Are you giving the buyer any warranty of title on the land that you have sold?
It is a warranty deed that I have. I don't think the new owners would need a warranty deed its a family member and they have already been using the land from the time I bought it. Just need to put the land in there name. They did give me $4,000 for the lots does that make a difference?
You might want to consider using a quitclaim deed, which will transfer the same type of ownership interest to the buyer that you currently have.

While you can obtain a quitclaim warranty deed for at any office / home depot store, I would strongly suggest that you do have a local real estate attorney draft it for you and have it executed and recorded for you, to make sure that it is done in a legally sufficient manner and the title to the property is not clouded/troubles by an incorrectly drafted/executed/recorded deed.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would appreciate if you would click on the accept button.
Please keep in mind if you already made a deposit or on a monthly subscription plan you will not incur any additional charges, but I will only be compensated for my time and effort only if you click on ACCEPT.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
My father owned a auto repair shop and property it is on. My
my father owned a auto repair shop and property it is on. My mother is now sole owner. She doesnt want anything to do with it and she wants to give it to me as sole owner. what do we have to do to get… read more
Ben S.
Ben S.
Owner,
I have a property with 3 parcels on it. I want to sell two
hello, I have a property with 3 parcels on it. I want to sell two of them and keep1. I do owe a balance on it. How do I go about doing this? I would like to wipe out my balance owed from the sale of t… read more
Attorney,
Purchase heir property from family members. Cash sale deed
I paid 14 sellers with cash...no mortgage. Sellers signed notarized cash sale documents.… read more
Attorney,
Stop searching for answers—
If i paid someone representing themselve as the owner of
Hello...if i paid someone representing themselve as the owner of some property $15000.00 on December 2 2017 and moved in on feb 1 2018. And been living here thinkin i own it... … read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
I want to transfer a piece of property from myself to my
I want to transfer a piece of property from myself to my llc. The property has no debt. What is the best type of deed to use? … read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
How does my husband, the only recorded owner of our home on
How does my husband, the only recorded owner of our home on the deed, transfer ownership to me, his wife? We live in Portsmouth, Va. and the city people told us to get either a "quit claim" form or a … read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
three owners on house deed. want to remove two and add one.
three owners on house deed. want to remove two and add one. The two to be removed are willing to sign. Will be leaving one sister and adding son. What forms are needed?..Leaving ownership to two indiv… read more
Attorney/Landlord/Realtor,
My mother in law would like to transfer or give my wife a piece
My mother in law would like to transfer or give my wife a piece of land which is in the Philippines. We have the original title of the land. My mother in law and my wife are both U.S. citizen. What ca… read more
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
My father & a relative bought a lot in Mississippi and built
My father & a relative bought a lot in Mississippi and built a new home on the property, with my father & mother paying for all expenses including the relative's labor expense. The intent was to sell … read more
Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq.
Attorney,
My friend was an international exchange student studying in
My friend was an international exchange student studying in the US. He recently left to go back home and I offered to sell his car for him, because he didn't have time before he left. We filled out th… read more
Attorney,
Hello, We bought a land parcel in Indianapolis, Indiana
Hello, We bought a land parcel in Indianapolis, Indiana from a person that is located in California, we are also located in CA. We signed a warranty deed notarized it and sent it out to the county in … read more
Irwin Law
Irwin Law
Juris Doctor JD
I sold my motorcycle a few months ago. The buyer met my husband
I sold my motorcycle a few months ago. The buyer met my husband and I at the bank with 5500$ cash and we went in and payed off the loan and received the title. We went back out to the parking lot and … read more
Stop searching for answers—
I have title to my mobile home. I would like to add my husband
I have title to my mobile home. I would like to add my husband to the title, Where do I start the process. I live in Los Angeles county, California… read more
Attorney,
I am the executrix and only benificiary to my late mothers
I am the executrix and only benificiary to my late mothers estate, I need to change the deed to the Property she left me into my name. One house is in Queens NY and one in Charlotte County Florida. Ho… read more
Isaac, Esq.
Isaac, Esq.
Attorney at Law,
I was awarded a property located in Virginia due to divorce.
I was awarded a property located in Virginia due to divorce. I currently live in Florida. Is it necessary to hire a lawyer in Virginia to prepare the necessary paperwork or could I have a quit claim d… read more
Owner,
I dont have a title for my mobile home. I have benn paying
I don't have a title for my mobile home. I have benn paying the taxes for 13 years in my name. The person I bought it from has dissapeared and I need a title so I can sell it or disspose of it. How do… read more
ctlawyer
ctlawyer
Attorney at Law,
How do we go about filling out the paperwork to add my ...
How do we go about filling out the paperwork to add my mother to our house deed? What exact forms are needed and where do we get them?… read more
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Mediator
Attorney & Certified Mediator,
Can you file a quit claim deed in the state of alabama
One brother purchased land with loan from 2nd bother. 2nd brother cannot pay and want to quit claim property to first brother who loaned him the money. Can we prepare quit claim deed and transfer with… read more
4ren6
4ren6
Retired,