How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can cps take your kids if you fail a drug test but have a

Resolved Question:

Can cps take your kids if you fail a drug test but have a prescription
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

What is the history of the person who failed the drug test with the prescription? As in, is there a record of illegal drug use, and if so, what kinds of drugs?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No record of illegal drug use
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
I need some more background about the situation so that I can best answer your question.

Why was CPS involved at all with this family?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Somebody made an onimous call that he was a stay at home dad taking care of a 6 year old who is in school all day and a 3 year old and said he was a alcoholic and did illegal drugs while caring for the children but the claim was not true and cps asked for a ua the only thing is he goes to physical therapy and is prescribed a painkiller from his doctor and he is worried that it will show up in the ua but have a prescription for everything and everything is up date
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
In this situation, if he has a prescription, a positive result will not be held against him. If there is no other evidence or a past of drug use, then he will not be negatively affected by a positive result. They will not take away the kids on that basis alone.

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.


NateLawAnswers and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you