Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

WHAT STATE BESIDES NEWYORK RECOGNIZE PRIMA FACIE TORT DOCT

Customer Question
RINE...
WHAT STATE BESIDES NEWYORK RECOGNIZE PRIMA FACIE TORT DOCT RINE
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2011
Lawyer: N Cal Atty, Lawyer replied 5 years ago
N Cal Atty
N Cal Atty, Lawyer
Other States recognize it under different names, see
http://litigation-essentials.lexisnexis.com/webcd/app?action=DocumentDisplay&crawlid=1&doctype=cite&docid=63+B.U.L.+Rev.+1101&srctype=smi&srcid=3B15&key=6630d2919a18987a776dea4edc3da7ee

See also
http://www.jstor.org/pss/1119067

New Mexico and Missouri also call it prima facie tort.

Which State are you interested in, I cannot look up all 50...

My questiion is for a homework assignment and besides Maryland, I need to know what states besides New York recognize the prima facie tort doctrine. I do not have access to lexsisnexis. I just need the states even if they call it another name.

Do you have access to a law library?
Tina, Lawyer