How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NateLawAnswers Your Own Question
NateLawAnswers, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 10685
Experience:  Over 8 years of legal practice.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
NateLawAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I tripped on an Olympia, WA. sidewalk recently during a visit

Resolved Question:

I tripped on an Olympia, WA. sidewalk recently during a visit to my son. I am currently treating for serious multiple fracture in my left arm. I will incur medical expenses as a result of this. What are my rights to recoup?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  NateLawAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question and welcome to

To recover damages, there must be negligence by the city. If the sidewalk was in disrepair and you tripped because of the damaged sidewalk, you can file a claim against the city. Pursuant to state law, Code of Washington (RCW) 4.96.020 , you would file a claim form with the city clerk. The form and instructions on how to file a claim can be found here

If you require more information, I will be happy to follow up with you. In the meantime, please remember to click Accept so that I get credit for my time assisting you. If my answer has been especially helpful, please also consider a suitable BONUS.

And remember, I want you satisfied, so if I can help you further, please ask so that you can provide Positive Feedback once we've addressed your legal question to your satisfaction.

NateLawAnswers and 5 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you