How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Denise Fitzpatrick Your Own Question
Denise Fitzpatrick
Denise Fitzpatrick,
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 2601
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Denise M. Fitzpatrivk
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Denise Fitzpatrick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We are a very small landscaping co who did a 125000.00 of work

Customer Question

We are a very small landscaping co who did a 125000.00 of work for Three Rivers of Rutherford county in Tn. They never paid.We filed a circuit court law suit, they filed a chap11 in 2009.Three Rivers never filed a payment plan with the bkrpt courts.The case was dismissed.There is appox.90,000.00 holding for unsecured creditors we are the largest creditor,Their Atty keeps continuing the case.We are broke and cannot afford to hire an atty.wHAT MUST WE DO TO RECOVER SOME OF THIS MONEY?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Denise Fitzpatrick replied 5 years ago.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Attorney 1 :

I am sorry your ar going through such a frustrating time with this company. I recommnend calling the bankruptcy trustee, directly, if one has ben assigned, and asking what to expect and what the timeline you should expect. That's the fastest way to get answers in your particular situation. If no trustee has been assigned because the debtor remained in possession during the case, you will want to contact the attorney for the U.S. Trustee handling the matter. This will be the attorney who brought the motion to have the case dismissed. You should have a copy of the motion with the attorney info on the top left portion of the front page. If not, you can get it electronically if you have PACER access. If you do not have pacer access, you can either call the court clerk and get the information, or you may have to go down to the court and request a copy of one of the motions filed in the case by the attorney for the U.S. Trustee.

Attorney 1 :

**** Please post a short reply to let me know whether I have satisfactorily answered your question or whether you need additional information.

If you need more information, I will be happy to continue to assist you.


If I have answered your question, please remember to click “ACCEPT.”

Clicking the green “ACCEPT” button will not cause you to incur any additional expense, and it is the only way that an expert gets paid for providing assistance, even if you have made a deposit or have a monthly subscription.


This communication contains general information, only, and does not constitute the provision of legal advice. Information provided herein is not intended to replace a detailed legal consultation, and does not create an attorney/client relationship.