How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 33167
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we hired attorneys for foreclosure defense, who after two years

Resolved Question:

we hired attorneys for foreclosure defense, who after two years and lack comunation apparently turned our case back 0ver to the lender. we were never notified of this intention or action. we have tried to get status updates to no avail. the lender is hinting about a quick sale or foreclosure. please advise on next steps.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome,

Do you know on what grounds the foreclosure was being defended?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The attorneys said that there were glitches in our settlement papers. As far as we know thats what they based it on.

Expert:  Tina replied 5 years ago.
I see.

That provides you with no information really as to what occurred. I would look for a local attorney to review the case and advise further with regard to your defense.

With regard to your representation, I would file a complaint against the attorneys with the state grievance commission as they have the authority to discipline attorneys for misconduct. It does appear they violated ethical obligations including their duty to keep the client informed of the progress of their case and to act in the client's best interests.

You may also have a malpractice claim against them for which you could sue for damages, but it depends on whether your grounds asserted in the case should have been successfully prosecuted if handled property. To assess this, it is normally best to consult with a local professional malpractice attorney to determine whether you have a viable claim to pursue.

Here is a link to the state Grievance Commission:

I hope you found my answer helpful, even if the law is not in your favor; please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous. Thank you.

Tina and 11 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you