How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Brandon M. Your Own Question
Brandon M.
Brandon M., Counselor at Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 12620
Experience:  Attorney experienced in numerous areas of law.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Brandon M. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Did you receive my second set of questions? I wanted to know

Resolved Question:

Did you receive my second set of questions? I wanted to know how to start a civil case against this company? And, if you can recommend me an lawyer?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
Hello again:

No, I did not receive a second set of questions. Did you just want to know how to start a civil case and recommending a lawyer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes. I want to know how to start a civil case against this company, and if you can recommend me a lawyer.
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 5 years ago.
As long as the amount claimed does not exceed $3,000, civil complaints can be handled by the small claims court in your Alabama county. Most courts have the necessary forms available through their website online, but you can also go to the small claims division in person and get the forms there.

Recommending a specific attorney is difficult because you have to keep in mind that a "good" attorney for one person is not necessarily a good attorney for someone else; every attorney has their own personality and style, and clients need to choose someone that they feel comfortable with (and vice versa). Also, some cases are more intensive than others, so those will oftentimes require a greater financial commitment from the client in order to persuade the attorney undertaking the case. For these reasons, there is always some searching involved even with a great case.

I typically refer customers to when looking for a local attorney with a specific type of practice. Martindale lists most of the world's attorney of geographic area, type of practice, years of experience, etc.; it is also the tool that most attorneys use when searching for other attorneys with expertise outside their own. There is no guarantee that any one attorney is willing or able to take any particular case, so there is almost always some searching involved, but Martindale typically facilitates that search.

Another option is to use AVVO rates attorneys; if you are in the industry, you may see that an attorney or firm boasts an "AV rating"; AVVO is basically a peer-reviewed entity that rates attorneys by experience, reputation, knowledge, etc. The grades are AV, BV, and CV. AV is the highest rating. Again, there is no guarantee that any one attorney will be able or willing to take or review any particular case, but this is the place to start.
Brandon M. and 2 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you