How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Legal Your Own Question
John Legal
John Legal, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 4631
Experience:  Over 15 years legal experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John Legal is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from my doctor for my landlord stating

Customer Question

I received a letter from my doctor for my landlord stating that it is medically necessary that we move from the house we are currently living in. The place we recently moved out of is still available and the property management is willing to help us move back in, but it would need to be done as soon as possible. How should I legally proceed?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John Legal replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for trusting Just Answer. As an attorney I will answer as clearly as possible. I ask for you Accept my answer so I am paid when we are done.

Are you saying that you have produced the letter to your landlord? If so what was the response?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I currently have both the original and a copy of the letter. I have been trying to get in touch with the landlord so that I can give them the letter, but have not received response from the yet. When we explained to them that a carpet specialist informed us that it appeared that the carpet was worn to the point of coming apart (as well as the padding below turning into dust with the wear and tear) the landlord seemed skeptical.
Expert:  John Legal replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately, there is no provision under Oklahoma law that lets you out of the lease due to a particular medical condition. The unity must be uninhabitable to get out of the lease. This really means that the landlord must only supply the very basics. Roof that does not leak, heat, safe from major hazards.

I am cannot provide you with specific legal advise. I can provide you with general information about the law related to your inquiry. I hope you find my response helpful, please click on the ACCEPT button. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work assisting you. Clicking Accept will not close your question. You can still ask, and I will respond, to follow-up questions if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required but they are appreciated!

When you review my initial response, please remember that I cannot guess what information you may already know unless you tell me. I am answering the question(s) posed by you based upon my reading of your post and sometimes I can misunderstand or misinterpret your question. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please rephrase your specific question.

Sometimes the law does not support what you would like it to support. It is my job to give you an understanding of the state of the law, not just tell you what you want to hear. I ask that you respect that fact that you received an accurate account of the law by clicking Accept and giving me positive feedback.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more between my responses to your follow up questions because I may be helping other customers or have stepped away.

I appreciate repeat customers. You can request me by beginning your question with “Dear John…”

My answer, and any information that you can find online, should not take the place of having a detailed consultation with a lawyer in your area to advise you regarding your specific issues.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's actually in Oregon.
Expert:  John Legal replied 5 years ago.
Sorry, I typed Oregon and spell check changed it on me. My answer is still correct under Oregon law.