Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Ask a Lawyer,
Get an Answer ASAP!


what is a reasonable fees that an agent handling power of attorney

Customer Question
would normally be given in...
what is a reasonable fees that an agent handling power of attorney would normally be given in the USA on an yearly basis, if let us say amount being handled is around 300,000.
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Legal
Show More
Show Less
Ask Your Own Legal Question
Expert: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 5 years ago
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience: Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

How many transactions are being handled during that time? What is the person actually doing?
Ask Your Own Legal Question
Customer reply replied 5 years ago is a hypothetical question, the person is handling money for her aunt who lives in an assisted living facility.
Expert: JB Umphrey, Attorney replied 5 years ago
Most family members do it for free. If they incur any out-of-pocket expenses (e.g., postage, etc.) they are reimbursed for those. However, they do not assume the role of power of attorney to earn an income from it.

The power of attorney document itself must list if the power of attorney is going to be compensated and, if so, how. If the document is silent on the matter, then the person is not getting paid for their role.

It has been my pleasure to assist you today with your information needs. If you have a follow-up question, please reply and ask it.

If you are satisfied that your question has been answered, kindly select the ACCEPT button to close this thread and so that I receive credit for assisting you today.
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience: Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.
JB Umphrey and 87 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you
Ask your own question now
Ask JB Umphrey Your Own Question
JB Umphrey
JB Umphrey, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 20233
Experience: Explains legal matters based on 14+ years experience.

JB Umphrey is online now

How JustAnswer works:

  • Ask an ExpertExperts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional AnswerVia email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction GuaranteeRate the answer you receive.

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises!

Gary B., Edmond, OK

My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer.

Eric, Redwood City, CA

I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight.

Michael, Wichita, KS

PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent.

Three H., Houston, TX

Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!!

Elaine, Atlanta, GA

It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem.

Tony, Apopka, FL

Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it.

Lee, Michigan

< Previous | Next >

Meet The Experts:



Satisfied Customers:: 8775

JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.


Counselor at Law

Satisfied Customers:: 24218

Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.



Satisfied Customers:: 20218

Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses



Satisfied Customers:: 2132

Experience as general attorney, in house counsel, SSDI, Family Law attorney, and law professor

Law Educator, Esq.


Satisfied Customers:: 41455

JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law


Lawyer, Consultant

Satisfied Customers:: 8238

25 years of experience helping people like you.

Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.


Satisfied Customers:: 287

7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.

< Previous | Next >

DISCLAIMER: Answers from Experts on JustAnswer are not substitutes for the advice of an attorney. JustAnswer is a public forum and questions and responses are not private or confidential or protected by the attorney-client privilege. The Expert above is not your attorney, and the response above is not legal advice. You should not read this response to propose specific action or address specific circumstances, but only to give you a sense of general principles of law that might affect the situation you describe. Application of these general principles to particular circumstances must be done by a lawyer who has spoken with you in confidence, learned all relevant information, and explored various options. Before acting on these general principles, you should hire a lawyer licensed to practice law in the jurisdiction to which your question pertains.

The responses above are from individual Experts, not JustAnswer. The site and services are provided “as is”. To view the verified credential of an Expert, click on the “Verified” symbol in the Expert’s profile. This site is not for emergency questions which should be directed immediately by telephone or in-person to qualified professionals. Please carefully read the Terms of Service (last updated February 8, 2012).

Show MoreShow Less

Ask Your Question