Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Are the following legimate businesses? Client Services, P.O.

Are the following legimate businesses? Client...
Are the following legimate businesses?
Client Services, P.O. Box 17, Varsity Lakes QLD 4227, Australia
Vanguard Documenting Agency, PO Box 4500, Corona, Ca 92878-45oo
Gains, Palmo & Edmans, PO Box 4022, STN LCD1, Langley BC V3A 4BO Canada
11/6/2011
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Vanguard Documenting Agency, at that address, has a D- rating with the Better Business Bureau. The notes on the report indicate that this company is running a scam where they use tales of a false sweepstakes to bilk people out of money. The false sweepstakes scam is rampant, and some people have lost tens of thousands of dollars, or more.
http://www.la.
bbb.org/business-reviews/Contest-Arranging-and-Judging-Services/Vanguard-Documenting-Agency-in-Corona-CA-13211880
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/microsites/youarehere/pages/pdf/FTC-Fraud-Scams-The-Winner-Is.pdf

I can't find any information on the other two companies - neither has a BBB rating. The BBB doesn't function in Australia, and the Canadian company sounds like it's a law firm, which isn't something the BBB typically has records on. If it is, ask the lawyer you are dealing with for his bar number. Then, check with the Law Society of British Columbia to see if he's heard of them.
http://www.lawsociety.bc.ca/

I'm not sure what Client Services is. If it's a company that's purporting to offer some sort of work from home credit card processing service, that is usually a scam. I tried to look up the company, but it's such a generic name, that I didn't get anything concrete. I did see scam warnings for companies with that name and similar, but the warnings didn't give an address. So, if you can give me more information on what they do, or a website, I'll try to dig up more on that company.
Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Lucy, Esq., Attorney