How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lwpat Your Own Question
lwpat, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 25387
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
lwpat is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Child support was paid in full from Phila,PA to the State of

Resolved Question:

child support was paid in full from Phila,PA to the State of Wisconsin, but the county where the oder was issued wants me to pay another $37,000 when PA states I'm paid in full.
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

It is extremely difficult to get anything done when you are out of state. I assume that you have sent Wisconsin a copy of all of your payments and asked for the arrears to be vacated. If not then you need to do this immediately by certified mail. Try to find out if there is a specific caseworker and direct the letter to her. Alternatively you can retain an attorney in Wisconsin and he can try to work with the caseworker and get it straightened out. If none of those work, you are going to have to file a formal petition in the Wisconsin court to have the arrears set aside and vacated. Good luck.
lwpat and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Yes, Philadelphia court sent a copy to Waushara county but they would not honor it. I not able to locate the mother or the child witch is now 25yr old.

Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Then you are down to filing a petition in the Wisconsin court.