lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

Child support was paid in full from Phila,PA to the State of

child support was paid in full from Phila,PA to the State of Wisconsin, but the county where the oder was issued wants me to pay another $37,000 when PA states I'm paid in full.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your question and for using JA. Please click accept so I will receive credit from JA for my time.

It is extremely difficult to get anything done when you are out of state. I assume that you have sent Wisconsin a copy of all of your payments and asked for the arrears to be vacated. If not then you need to do this immediately by certified mail. Try to find out if there is a specific caseworker and direct the letter to her. Alternatively you can retain an attorney in Wisconsin and he can try to work with the caseworker and get it straightened out. If none of those work, you are going to have to file a formal petition in the Wisconsin court to have the arrears set aside and vacated. Good luck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Yes, Philadelphia court sent a copy to Waushara county but they would not honor it. I not able to locate the mother or the child witch is now 25yr old.

Expert:  lwpat replied 6 years ago.
Then you are down to filing a petition in the Wisconsin court.