Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I have been trying to get my driveway repaired by the contractor

Customer Question
who installed it since July...
I have been trying to get my driveway repaired by the contractor who installed it since July. I have documented every call I've made to him, as well as what I was told - he was very busy, he'd repair it but please be patient; most of the time, he just ducked the calls. When I finally called in late August and threatened to hire an attorney, he finally called me back and said he'd be there soon, to be patient and he'd get it fixed. There has been nothing done so far, however, when I arrived home from work in early October (I'll have to check my call logs to get the exact date, ) there was a business card stuck in my door - I immediately called and of course, got the office but there's been no contact since. I called this morning (11-1-11) and again left a message with the service but the time for the warranty is getting close and I'm afraid he's going to stall until the warranty is up. I see that he has several complaints at the BBB for the same issue. I'm frustrated enough now that I'd almost like to sue for the $3000.00 the driveway cost and have someone else do the repairs. Do I have a case?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/1/2011
Lawyer: Law Pro, Attorney replied 6 years ago
Law Pro, Attorney
What is wrong with the driveway?

Have you had another driveway contractor look at the problem and give you an estimate of the repair cost?
The driveway has cracked the length of it, as well as a parking pad they installed. I have not had anyone else look at it, as I've been promised several times the contractor would take care of it.
What you should do then is contact this driveway contractor and inform them that you have contacted them numerous times in the past about the problems with your driveway.

That you first contacted them about the problems with the driveway within their warranty period.

That you have continued unsuccessfully to try and get them to fix the problems with your driveway.

That they have 10 or 20 or 30 days (however much time you want to give them) to come and fix the driveway OR you will retain the services of another driveway company to make the repairs and sue them for the cost thereof.

That if they won't make the repairs - then they are in breach of he contract and you can get another driveway company to make the repairs and sue them for the costs of such.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Just Answer is a "PAY FOR SERVICE" Website. Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.
Should I send him a certified letter stating the above?
Yes, a certified letter - return receipt requested. So that if you do have to go to court you can prove he got your demand letter.

Law Pro, Attorney
Law Pro, Attorney