How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask David L Your Own Question
David L
David L, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3255
Experience:  Corporate, Real Estate, Estate Planning, Probate and General Litigation attorney 14+ years
Type Your Legal Question Here...
David L is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son and his ex-girlfriend have a daughter, he is on the

Resolved Question:

My son and his ex-girlfriend have a daughter, he is on the birth certificate.The mother is being difficult and not letting my son see his daughter, can he go and bring his daughter to his house with him being the father.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  David L replied 5 years ago.
Hi. By law, he obviously has rights to see is daughter. However, he can't go to mom's house and physically take daughter without her permission. That would potentially cause issues that could get him criminally charged. The right way to do things is to file a petition for visitation in family court. The judge will make the parties work through a joint parenting agreement that will give him equal visitation through court order.
David L and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you