INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses
11313492

If a tenant is recieving rental assistance but doesnt pay

If a tenant is recieving rental assistance but doesn't pay her portion of the rent can the tenant still be evicted?
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 5 years ago.
Good morning. I am afraid if the rent owing is not paid, the court can evict. In these situations, the court often will adjourn the court date more than once where tenant is trying to get the rent or secure further public assistance. But if tenant not meeting obligation, eventually eviction is an option the court will exercise. Landlord has to begin eviction proceedings in court to put pressure on the tenant to become current or face eviction. This commonly happens using landlord tenant counsel at fixed and cheap fees. martindale.com is a good resource.

Would you be so kind as to select the ACCEPT button for the answer. That is the only way I get credit for the answer by Justanswer. (even if you put a deposit or have a subscription) If you have a follow-up question, please ask it using the REPLY feature and I will respond as promptly as possible. Positive Feedback & Bonus are nice ways to say "thank you" and are available options after you click ACCEPT.

I wish you a happy & healthy holiday season.