How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Pro Your Own Question
Law Pro
Law Pro, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 24870
Experience:  20 years legal practitioner: real estate, collections, estate, civil, business, and criminal law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Pro is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

A family member has turned me into the police several times

Resolved Question:

A family member has turned me into the police several times for rediculous stuff like 2 weeks ago inlaw showed up at my house unwelcome wqnting to come in and talk like sisters about parents I told we aren't sisters and nothing to talk about then I find out she is talking shit about me to my parents and to my clients she showed up on one of my jobs had no idea she knew anaything about my clients after listening to the impression she has made on parents about me I decide it hi time to call and tell her not to show at clients again or I will hire a lawyer and go after her and hung up come to find out the next day she called police and made a report I was phone harrassing her how can that fly when she made the effort to come to my house three times but when I call her once I get a call from police that I should stop calling them they should stop trying to make me look like the abuser here and instead I am the abused
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
What is your question - I'm unsure of your question?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I want to know how she can turn me in for calling when she comes to my house uninvited why can she contactme and I can not contact her is it because I haven't turned her into police for something she didn't do I haven't been harrassing her but she sure has been making my life hell what should I do contact the officer she spoke with
Expert:  Law Pro replied 5 years ago.
That's exactly correct. That she turned you in - you didn't turn her in.

That a restraining order only prevents the defendant from contacting the complainant - not the other way around.

Yes, I would contact the police officer she spoke with about her contacting you. This will assist you in the future. First the police officer will contact them and ask why they are contacting you when they are complaining of you contacting them. Secondly, if there would be a future issue - you can have the police officer testify about you informing them that she (without your prior solicitation) contacted you on numerous occasions.

That would show that you responded and did not initiate contact with her.

In my experience, although regretfully so, the first one to complain usually comes out on top in these.

So what you need to do is stop any and all contact and if she contacts you - contact the police about the matter.

That shows that they are irrational and can't be believed nor have any future credibility.

Please ask for "Law Pro" if you have any further future questions!

Just Answer is a "PAY FOR SERVICE" Website. Please press the GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I will receive credit for assisting you (even if you placed a deposit or have a subscription program). You may continue to ask follow-up questions after accepting. If the information is helpful, I would very much appreciate positive feedback. Bonuses are also appreciated. If you do have a follow-up question, press REPLY, NOT relist, or else I won’t receive the question.

Law Pro and 4 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you