How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask xavierjd Your Own Question
xavierjd, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 3400
Experience:  20+ yrs in criminal, landlord/tenant, family, & small claims
Type Your Legal Question Here...
xavierjd is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what kind of lawyer do i need in the field of "employer fraud",

This answer was rated:

what kind of lawyer do i need in the field of "employer fraud", and "employer theft of an employee" in idaho?

Thanks for using It will be my pleasure to assist you.

What type of of theft by an employer occurred? What type of employer fraud occurred? Can you provide some more facts?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my employer is deducting my child support from my pay checks (paid every 2 weeks) and is not sending all the payments to the state of utah where my child support obligation is.


when he doesn't send this money to the state of utah, he keeps the money in his business account to use for his own personal/business needs. in the past 12 months, he has with-held $4,032 (not paid to the state of utah), and since January of 2010, the amount totals over $6,000.


then the state of Utah takes this money that is owed in "back child support" out of my federal income tax returns.

I'm sorry that you are having to endure this "nightmare."

You should contact the local law enforcement agency in which your employer is located. The facts, as stated in your post, my rise to the level of criminal behavior--possibly even a felony. You can ask to speak to a detective. You can present all of your evidence as to what your employer is doing, and failing to do regarding your child support. The police may perform an investigation. The police may then present the result of their investigation to the prosecuting attorney. The prosecuting attorney may authorize criminal charges against the owner and any employee involved in the fraudulent behavior.

You may also wish to contact the Attorney General's Office in Idaho. Below is a link to the website:

Further, you may wish to contact the Utah Child Support Enforcement Division. Below is a link to it's website.

You may also wish to contact the Idaho Department of Labor regarding the refusal of your employer to comply with the Utah Child Support Order. Below is a link to its website:

You may also wish to contact an attorney who specializes in family law in Utah in the county in which your child support order was entered. Sometimes, an initial telephone consultation is free or at a minimum charge. You can discuss the specific facts of your case, evaluate your options and decide how to proceed.

FInally, you may wish to contact an attorney who specializes in business law in your area in Idaho. Again, an initial consultation may be free or at a minimal charge. And, you may wish to contact the IRS regarding your employer's activity.

If your employer is refusing to comply with the child support order, as stated in your post, it is liable civilly and/or criminally.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

my employer has close ties to the local law enforcement agency and the county prosecutors office. i have serious concerns that the case will be swept under the rug.


do you have any recommendations on the best course of action to follow in order to file criminal charges against my employer?


thank you for your previous answer.

If you are concerned about your employer's ties to local law enforcement and the county prosecutor, then you may wish to start with the Attorney General's Office. You may wish to ask to set up a personal appointment with its fraud division.

xavierjd and other Legal Specialists are ready to help you