Denise Fitzpatrick
Denise Fitzpatrick,
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Denise M. Fitzpatrivk
16911602

RE LIFE INSURANCE LAW_DEATH BENEFITS CLAIM. I am a criminal

Customer Question

RE: LIFE INSURANCE LAW_DEATH BENEFITS CLAIM.
I am a criminal defense lawyer. I am helping a friend out on a life insurance death benefit issue. The policy is a while life policy with AGLA. The policy date is 1/18/1981. The policy has a "paid-to-date" of 12-18-1996. The amount of the polivcy is $3,000. The insured died on 9-19-2009 at age 92. AGLA claims that no premiums were paid from 12/1996 on. AGLA claims that under the policy's "nonforfeture option" and calculated per the "standard nonforfeture value method", the policy "went on reduced paid up insurance". Based on the above facts, AGLA claims the death benefit amount owed under the policy is $218....not $3,000. I would appreciate some advise here from an attorney knowledgable about insurance contracts.S quick response is appreciated. Thank you. Dorothy
Expert:  Denise Fitzpatrick replied 5 years ago.

Attorney 1 :

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer! I am preparing your response. Please remain online for a few moments, so you can get your answer right away.

Attorney 1 :

This should do it for you: http://www.naic.org/documents/committees_models_nonlife.pdf

Attorney 1 :

Best of luck!

Attorney 1 :

If you need more information, just let me know.

Best of luck!
_________________________________________________________________

If I have answered your question, please remember to click "ACCEPT."

I leave positive feedback for all accepted answers.

Customers with positive feedback get fast and thorough responses from experts.

.

JACUSTOMER-qih1lan3- :

Thank you but the document you send is not very helpful. It is a 2011 DRAFT revision to model rules. I am looking for some insight on how to apply the CA nonforfeture law to my case.