How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 51407
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can the reply to show cause of support after withdrawal of

Resolved Question:

Can the reply to show cause of support after withdrawal of TRO be combined into filing a divorce petition?
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good evening.

RayAnswers :

You need to file a response here to the show cause and then a petition for divorce.There are two issues here--failure to pay support contempt here and then seeking a divorce.You can file it i n the same cause but you need two separate documents here.

RayAnswers :

Response forms and instructions

RayAnswers :

Divorce forms

RayAnswers :

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping other clients or taking a break.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a BONUS (tip) & POSITIVE FEEDBACK after you accept is very much appreciated.


Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you